This salad is very light and healthy … it contains a good amount of vegetables .. and i usually add alot of lettuce to it and eat it without bread … just as a salad … its really easy to make and very filling … to make it u will need:
– 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
– 1/4 cup celery, chopped
– 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped (or any other color u like)
– 4 tb fresh basil, chopped
– 3 tb green onion, chopped
– 3 tb light mayonaise or light salad dressing (i used light italian dressing this time)
– 2 cups lettuce, chopped (this is optional .. u can skip the lettuce and make it into a wrap sandwich)
In a bowl … add the celery, red pepper, basil, green onion, and lettuce ..
If u want you can skip adding the lettuce as i said before and just make it into a normal chicken salad or even make it into a wrap sandwich …
Now add the chopped chicken .. what i did was that … i cooked chicken breast in olive oil and green onion .. then seasoned it with a little nutmeg, salt and pepper.. then let it cool down and added it ..
Then add the salad dressing of choice … u can use mayonaise, ranch, mayonaise and mustard… any dressing u like .. this time i used italian dressing ..
If u like u can even make your own dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, a tiny garlic clove, a shallot, and salt and pepper …. but ofcourse .. if u dont have time on hand its the easiest to just get ready made ones…
Mix everything well ….
And serve ….
Enjoy 🙂 …